Ramsdens Mastercard® Prepaid Cards are used to buy and spend currency.
Available as a Euro or US Dollar card, you can purchase online or from one of our branches. This card won’t have your name on it, but it can be loaded, activated and used immediately. Your card can then be taken with you when you go away and used to pay for bills, trips etc wherever you see the Mastercard® Acceptance Mark.
They are different from credit and debit cards and work like pay-as-you-go mobile phones where you need to load money on to them in the first instance. So, each time you use the card to purchase something or withdraw cash at an ATM, the amount is deducted from the cards' balance.
The cards are intended to be re-loaded with funds and used every time you travel abroad up until the expiry date on the card. Please see the fee table for maximum loading limits.
Ramsdens Mastercard® Prepaid Cards could be great for people who:
- Regularly travel abroad, and want an easy and safe way* to buy, carry and spend travel money.
- Are looking for a flexible alternative to travellers' cheques, physical cash and credit or debit cards.
- Want great FX rates, and don’t want to worry about fluctuating rates when abroad.
- Want to reduce the risk of overspending when they are away.
- All applicants must be 18 years old, and over, and a UK resident. Acceptance is subject to successful identification verification.
Buying and spending currency using the card is easy. Simply:
- Purchase your travel card online or from a Ramsdens branch nationwide
- Load your card instore or online by creating a web account
- Retrieve your PIN following the instructions provided with your card
- Take your card with you when you travel and spend wherever you see the Mastercard® Acceptance Mark
- Top up your card online, when your cash runs low during your trip, or in time for your next holiday