Introduction from the CEO of Ramsdens Financial Limited
Ramsdens has a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and we are committed to ensuring that our business operates in a socially responsible way.
Ramsdens Financial Limited is a subsidiary of Ramsdens Holdings PLC and is a diversified financial service provider and retailer of new and second jewellery.
Our Policies on Slavery and Human Trafficking
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. Our Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy reflects our zero tolerance, commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains.
Our Supply Chains
Due to the nature of our business, our supply chains mainly consist of suppliers of foreign currency, jewellery, stationery, marketing material, and security systems.
Due Diligence Processes for Slavery and Human Trafficking
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk we:
- provide employees with a clearly stated and comprehensive policy on Modern Slavery. This covers serving vulnerable customers who maybe subject to modern slavery and for recruiting new members of staff.
- have in place systems to identify, flag, mitigate and monitor the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our supply chains.
- have in place systems to protect whistle blowers.
Supplier Adherence to Our Values
To ensure all those in our supply chain and contractors comply with our values we:
- Ensure wherever possible that agreements with third parties require the third party to comply with all relevant anti-slavery and human trafficking legislation
- Request suppliers to agree to our Supplier Code of Conduct which sets out that suppliers must have effective systems and controls in place to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in their business or any of their supply chain.
We also have a dedicated compliance team, which has involvement from the following departments:
- Human Resources
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes the slavery and human trafficking statement for the Ramsdens group of Companies.