Terms & Conditions of Promotions
Your Chance to win up to £1000 cash with Ramsdens
Buy Travel Money or Jewellery from us or conduct a Western Union transaction or cash any cheque* (In branch purchases only)
Return to your local Ramsdens with your original receipt and sell us your unwanted, broken or unhallmarked jewellery. You will automatically be entered into the competition to win back the price you paid for your travel money, jewellery or watch or the value of the cheque you cashed. (Min. £500 / Max. £1,000). Our latest winners can be found here: https://www.ramsdensforcash.co.uk/win-back/
This is a monthly prize draw with one winner per month. Only entrants who buy travel money or buy a jewellery item or conduct a Western Union transaction or cash a cheque within a Ramsdens branch in the same month and return with their original receipt can enter. Applicable to in branch purchases only. Online purchases are excluded. Travel Card purchases and top ups are also excluded. The prize value will be paid in sterling at the £ amount shown on your receipt (Min. £500 / Max. £1,000). Prize is non-transferable. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over. Promoter's decision is final. Competition is not open to Ramsdens staff and their immediate family. Ramsdens Registered Office: Unit 16, The Parkway Centre, Coulby Newham, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS8 0TJ.
Pawnbroking - Ramsdens Refer a Friend Terms & Conditions
If you are a Ramsdens Pawnbroking customer and you successfully refer a friend to us, we will pay you!
- Friend takes out a £70 - £299 loan = £10 paid to you
- Friend takes out a £300 - £499 loan = £30 paid to you
- Friend takes out a £500+ loan = £50 paid to you
To qualify for the Refer a Friend Reward, the following rules must be followed:
Ramsdens Pawnbroking Customer (the referrer):
- You must be a Ramsdens Pawnbroking customer to qualify (undertaken loan last 2 years).
- On the Refer a Friend leaflet (available instore), you must complete your personal details. Alternatively you may send your friend a digital link that we will provide you with.
- Referred friend must hand in the completed leaflet or provide the digital link to Ramsdens when they open their Pawnbroking account.
- Referred friend must take out a loan (£70+), not withdraw from that loan and be a new Ramsdens pawnbroking customer (not borrowed in the last 2 years).
- Ramsdens will contact you if you successfully refer a friend and a reward is due to be paid.
- Reward is non-transferable and will be paid to you (the referrer), in cash in branch.
If your friend has given you one of our Refer a Friend leaflets, please see below guidance:
Friend (the referee):
- Please ensure your friend (the referrer) has completed their personal details on the leaflet or has sent you the relevant digital link.
- You must hand in the completed form or provide the digital link to one of our staff members in branch when you first apply for your Pawnbroking loan.
- You must be a new Ramsdens pawnbroking customer (not borrowed in the last 2 years).
- Ramsdens will only contact your friend (the referrer) if they qualify for a reward payment.
- For your privacy, Ramsdens will never disclose to the referrer, details of your loan application. The Refer a Friend payments will however indicate an approximate loan amount.
- No reward payment will be made to you (the referee)
- When you become a Ramsdens Pawnbroking customer, you too can refer a friend to us. Just ask for a leaflet in branch. You too could be paid up to £50 for the recommendation!
Refer a Friend scheme details are correct at time of print and can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
Layby Completion Discount Text:
When a customer completes their jewellery layby, a text message is automatically sent to the mobile number we hold on record when the final payment is made against the jewellery layby. The text offers the customer 10% off their next jewellery purchase. Promotional discounts received via the text are valid for jewellery items purchased instore only and excludes watches, coins, sale items and any other offer. The discount is not valid for items purchased online. The maximum discount that can be given is £1,000. The discount is valid for 1 month from the date of receipt of text message.
Ramsdens can offer a layby payment scheme on selected items in-store. The layby scheme allows a customer to reserve an item with an initial deposit and then pay off the remainder of the item balance with fixed payments over a set term. Payments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly. The deposit level, payments and payment term vary depending on the value of the item selected. The minimum qualifying item value for the layby scheme is £20. Please note, the customer does not receive the item until the balance has been paid in full.
If the agreed payment plan for items placed on layby is not followed, or if the customer changes their mind and no longer wishes to purchase the item, an administration fee equivalent to £10 or 10% of the item value (whichever is higher) is applicable to cover our costs with any remaining amount repayable to the customer.
Ramsdens reserves the right to alter the terms at any time without notice.
Great Rates Guaranteed
Ramsdens guarantees to provide great rates on travel money. Every branch undertakes twice daily checks of selected local competitors rates and guarantees to provide a better rate on both Euros and US Dollars.
Best Rates Guaranteed
Best rates guaranteed in selected locations where indicated on our external display materials. At these locations visit us in-branch and we’ll beat any travel money quote from selected local competitors. All you need to do is bring to the branch a genuine printed quote dated the same day from a local competitor (this includes any high street bank, bureau de change, travel agency, supermarket or the Post Office) and we will beat it. This offer is available in-store only. Online quotes are excluded. Ramsdens reserves the right to withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.
This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions or offer.